Add some apples and cinnamon to your matzo brei and serve for breakfast or dessert. This hearty matzo brei will not let you down. Watch how we make 4 different versions of Brei in this video. From Classic Sweet Matzo Brei to our Pizza Brei where the matzo brei is used as your pizza crust. Then mix it up some more with either savory or sweet combos of Mushrooms and Onion Brei or Cinnamon Apple Brei.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 sheet matzo
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Garnish: powdered sugar
- Hold 2 sheets of matzah under water for 30 seconds. Shake off excess water.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan on medium heat. Add apples, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir well and allow apples to soften and caramelize.
- Break the matzah into pieces and add to the pan. Fry for a minute.
- Scramble eggs with milk. Add egg mixture to pan.Stir well with spatula.
- Cook evenly and try to avoid mushing it. Just prevent the eggs from turning brown. It’s done when the eggs are not runny anymore.