Add some apples and cinnamon to your matzo brei and serve for breakfast or dessert. This hearty matzo brei will not let you down.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 sheet matzo
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Garnish: powdered sugar
- Hold 2 sheets of matzah under water for 30 seconds. Shake off excess water.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan on medium heat. Add apples, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir well and allow apples to soften and caramelize.
- Break the matzah into pieces and add to the pan. Fry for a minute.
- Scramble eggs with milk. Add egg mixture to pan.Stir well with spatula.
- Cook evenly and try to avoid mushing it. Just prevent the eggs from turning brown. It’s done when the eggs are not runny anymore.