- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound (about 5 cups) white button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, ground
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1 cup fresh plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/ cups (8 ounces) fontina cheese, diced
1 Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions; drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water. Place pasta in a large serving bowl; cover and set aside.
2 Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil until hot. Add mushrooms, onion, salt and black pepper; cook until mushrooms are golden, 5 to 7 minutes.
3 Stir in creamed spinach and tomatoes; cook until tomatoes are heated through, about 3 minutes
4 Spoon over reserved pasta. Sprinkle with cheese; toss to coat adding reserved pasta water according to desired consistency. Serve immediately.
Source: Photo and Recipe Courtesy of Mushroom Council and Mushroominfo.com