The combination of roasted sweet potatoes, mushrooms, and sweet and tangy balsamic is incredible. Serving the salad on a roasted portabella mushroom makes for an elegant, healthy, and delicious presentation. This is a great salad to make as a starter to a sit-down meal. You can plate this salad and allow it to sit at room temperature for about an hour.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 portabella mushroom caps
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- 4 cups spring mix
- ½ cup toasted almonds
- ½ cup feta cheese (optional)
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅛ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard or 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Preheat oven to 475°F.
2. Place portabella caps on baking sheet. Drizzle with a bit of oil and roast for fifteen minutes.
3. Place sweet potatoes on baking tray, drizzle with a bit of oil, and roast for twenty-five minutes.
4. Combine dressing ingredients: balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, black pepper, Dijon mustard, and garlic.
5. Combine greens with sweet potatoes and balsamic dressing.
6. Place mixture on portabella caps.
7. Top with toasted nuts and feta cheese (optional for dairy meal). Other options: slice mushrooms and mix into a bowl with all ingredients for a family-style presentation.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for the JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.