Chicken wings are not just for the Superbowl. These petite grilled morsels are the essence of roast chicken in one bite – without even turning on your oven. Recipe can be easily multiplied.
Use Grow & Behold chicken wings for this recipe.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 pounds Grow and Behold Chicken Wings or other parts
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup mustard
- ⅓ cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 ounces whiskey (optional)
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until caramelized, 10-12 minutes.
2. Place chicken in a plastic bag or Tupperware container large enough to comfortably hold the pieces. Add onions and remaining ingredients. Seal and shake to evenly coat the chicken. Marinate for 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Light coals (Naf recommends natural hardwood charcoal) and bank along the sides of the grill. Arrange chicken in center of the grill (not directly above the coals). Cover and grill for 10-30 minutes, depending on the size of the pieces.
4. Uncover and turn chicken. Recover and cook an additional 5-15 minutes until desired internal temperature is reached.
Recipe by Naftali Hanau
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.