- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 pound fresh string beans, rinsed, dried, and trimmed
- 1 pound small red-skinned potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 1 (1-pound) tuna steak
- 1 (8-ounce) jar quartered, marinated artichoke hearts, drained, marinade reserved
- 8 leaves romaine lettuce, rinsed and dried
- 1 red onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 cup pitted oil-cured olives, drained
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, halved
- 2 on-the-vine tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Fill a large bowl with cold water and ice cubes.
2. Steam string beans and potatoes for 12 to 15 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender. Drain vegetables and immediately plunge them into the ice water. Drain again.
3. While the vegetables are cooking, heat a large sauté pan over high heat.
4. Brush tuna with reserved marinade. Sear tuna 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or until desired doneness. Let cool slightly and cut into eight equal slices.
5. To assemble salad: Place 2 lettuce leaves on each of 4 plates. Distribute tuna, string beans, potatoes, artichoke hearts, onions, olives, eggs, tomatoes, and white beans among the plates.
6. To make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and mustard. Slowly whisk in oil; season with salt and pepper.
7. Drizzle dressing over salad and serve with crusty bread