Perfect for breakfast, dessert or an afternoon snack, these granola bars are healthy and addictive with their delicious flavor and texture.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 16 ServingsServings
- 2 cups low-fat granola cereal
- 1 1/4 cups crispy brown rice cereal
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In large bowl, combine granola, rice cereal, oats, almonds and dried berries; set aside.
2. In small saucepan, bring honey, peanut butter, canola oil and vanilla over low heat and heat 5 minutes or until blended.
3. Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal mixture, stirring until coated. Press mixture into lightly greased 9 x 13-inch (22 x 33-cm) pan. Press mixture down tightly with wax paper. Cover and cool completely in pan in refrigerator at least 1 hour before slicing into 16 bars.
Source: Canola Info