I usually prefer to sauté my zoodles, but adding them to the soup, raw, just before serving, yields the perfect tender noodle.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 quartServings
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 heaping tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 russet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 6 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 zucchini, spiralized
1. Sauté onion in olive oil until translucent.
2. Add garlic and sauté until softened and fragrant. Add celery, carrots and tomato paste and stir until the vegetables are well coated and the tomato paste starts to caramelize.
3. Add potatoes, tomatoes, basil, oregano, stock, salt and pepper. Stir to combine the ingredients and bring the soup to a boil.
4. Simmer for 30 minutes – 1 hour, until all the vegetables are tender. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
5. Before serving, add the zoodles to the pot, cover and simmer until just tender, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
VARIATION: If you eat kitniyot on Passover, feel free to add a can of drained and rinsed cannellini beans or chickpeas. Adjust stock, as necessary.