Making a pie crust is actually really easier and so tasty. Generally made with butter or margarine, this recipe uses corn or canola oil to avoid the hydrogenated oils! The dough will be sticky so make sure to flour your surface well. and always be very gentle and patient when working with pastry dough!
- 2 cup unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup corn or canola oil
- 5 to 5 1/2 tablespoon ice water
- Beat together the oil and water until nice and creamy.
- Mix together the flour and salt
- Pour cream mixture over the flour and salt.
- Mix with a fork until the dough forms a ball.
HANDLE DOUGH AS LITTLE AS YOU CAN!!!
- Roll out on a floured surface or pastry cloth
- fit into pie tin, decorate as desired.
If recipe calls for pre-baked pie crust;
- Pre-heat the oven to 350*
- Wrap the outer rim of the pie dish with silver foil (to prevent burning)
- Prick the pie shell with a fork all over.
- Bake for 10 minutes, checking after 3 if crust is puffing. if it is then take it out prick it a little more and return to oven.
- Let cool, then fill and proceed with recipe.
Yield: 1 double crust pie or 2 single pie crusts.