- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 36-42 ServingsServings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 12 ounce package chocolate chunks
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
3. Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl and set aside.
4. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar and sugar at medium speed for about 2 minutes or until smooth, creamy and well blended.
5. Add the egg, orange juice and vanilla extract and beat them in, blending thoroughly.
6. Add the flour mixture and blend it in thoroughly.
7. Add the oats, chocolate chunks, coconut and raisins and mix them in.
8. Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough and place on the cookie sheets, leaving some place between the blobs for the cookies to spread.
9. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
10. Let cool on the cookie sheets for 3 minutes then remove to a cake rack to cool completely.