I totally adore these nut free energy bars. They satisfy my sweet tooth while being good for me and my kids at the same time. Filled with nutrients from dried fruits, sesame and flax and you don’t even have to turn on the oven.
- Prep Time
- 9 BarsServings
- 1½ cups assorted dried fruit such as dried cherries, pitted dates, stemmed figs
- 2 cups dried apricots
- Hot water
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted in a dry pan until lightly golden
- 2 tablespoons brown flax seeds
1. Line a 9- x 9-inch pan with parchment paper.
2. Soak fruit in a small bowl of hot water for 15 minutes until softened. Squeeze out as much water as possible.
3. Chop fruit and blend in salt in food processor until broken up but still a bit chunky.
4. Sprinkle ½ of sesame seeds and ½ of flax seeds on the bottom of the lined pan. Press fruit into the pan. Top with remaining seeds. Chill until firm. Cut into bars. Wrap each bar and store at room temperature for up to 1 week.