These protein cupcakes/muffins are an easy on the go breakfast or snack any time. They are very freezer friendly too.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 ServingsServings
- 5 cups rolled oats (400g)
- 2 1/2 cups over-ripe mashed banana, measured after mashing (600g)
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 stevia packets or 5 tablespoons liquid sweetener of choice
- optional: 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 2/3 cups water (640g) (If using the liquid-sweetener option, scale water back by 1/3 cup.)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp oil (45g)
- 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional add-ins: cinnamon, shredded coconut, chopped walnuts, ground flax or wheat germ, raisins or other dried fruit, etc.
Preheat oven to 380 F.
Line 24-25 cupcake tins.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir very well. In a separate bowl, combine and stir all wet ingredients (including banana). Mix wet into dry, then pour into the cupcake liners and bake 21 minutes. I also like to then broil for 1-2 minutes, but it’s optional.
These oatmeal cakes can be eaten right away, or they can be frozen and reheated for an instant breakfast on a busy day.