You can make your hamantaschen in one bowl, with one spoon and with healthy extra virgin olive oil and enjoy the crispy delicious hamantaschen this Purim or all year round.
The dough doesn't even need to be refrigerated, it's easy to work with, but best to roll out on parchment paper for limited sticking.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 36 cookiesServings
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch kosher salt
Preheat oven to 375℉. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
1. In a large bowl with, mix evoo with sugar, eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
2. Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix gently until dough forms.
3. Lightly dust parchment paper with flour. Divide the dough in half and roll it out to 1/8 inch thick. Cut out 3-inch circles with a round cookie cutter or even a drinking glass. Fill with 1 teaspoon of your favorite filling. Fold the left side over the filling into the center, then fold the right side over and then fold the bottom up, creating a triangle.
4. Place cookies on prepared sheets and bake for about 15 minutes, until golden brown.
To decorate these cookies like the photo above use strawberry jam for the filing. Melt Ruby chocolate aka pink chocolate and dip to coat.