The potatoes in this dish are optional as they do not add any flavor; they simply round out the dish and make it a full meal. You can use any remaining olive oil for salad dressings or pesto used with fish meals.
Make sure to use a great quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
1. Preheat oven to 275°F.
2. Line sliced lemons on bottom of oven-to-table dish or pot.
3. Place remaining ingredients in pot, making sure fish is evenly layered and not overlapping.
4. Roast, uncovered, for 1 hour.
5. Remove from oven.
6. Remove potatoes from pot and place on cutting board.
7. Smash potatoes with the back of a large spoon, making sure to keep potato intact but split the skin a bit.
8. Pan-fry the potatoes in the poaching liquid in a frying pan over high heat.
9. Serve fish with herbs, a drizzle of poaching liquid, and smashed potatoes.
Par-boiled Potatoes Tip: The temperature and length of time the fish cooks in the oven is not enough to fully cook the potatoes. If you would like to include the potatoes in this dish, it is important to first par-boil the potatoes for 10 minutes
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.