One pan chicken dinner with tons of nutrients. Your whole family will enjoy this easy dinner. Quick enough for a weeknight and nice enough for a special occasion.
For best results, use a great quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
Watch Jamie make it a meal in a 1 Hour Shabbat Menu.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 1 chicken cut into 6 pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole tomatoes, crushed with your hands
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 cup pitted and chopped kalamata olives
- 3 cups finely chopped kale
- Packaged couscous prepared according to package directions
- Garnish: thinly sliced lemon, chopped flat leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Generously grease a 9 x 13 casserole with extra virgin olive oil.
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Place chicken, skin side down, in prepared pan. Roast in oven for 20 minutes.
- While chicken is roasting, stir to combine: chickpeas, crushed tomatoes, broth, onions, garlic, capers and olives. Stir in chopped kale. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn chicken pieces over and distribute chickpea mixture around chicken. Return to oven and continue cooking for another 20-30 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.
- Serve chicken and chickpeas with kale on a bed of couscous on a platter with sliced lemons and parsley.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.