"Pretty to look at, delicious to eat, salmon-infused with seasonal fresh orange and heart-healthy canola oil served over slightly wilted spinach-is easy to make any time of year."
- Prep Time
- 4 - 3/4 cup servings ServingsServings
- 1 orange, washed, grated* and juiced
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp canola oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 (12oz/350g) salmon fillet, cut in 4 pieces
- 8 oz fresh spinach, trimmed
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
1 Combine juice from orange, honey, brown sugar, 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil and red pepper flakes.
2 Arrange salmon in a dish just big enough to hold the fillet; pour orange juice mixture over salmon. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning salmon once to distribute flavors. Discard marinade.
3 Grill salmon skin side up, over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes; turn and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes, until fish flakes easily.
4 Just before salmon is done, saute spinach in 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil in a nonstick skillet just until wilted. Season with lemon juice and pepper.
5 Spoon spinach onto heated plates. Top with salmon. Sprinkle with grated orange peel.
*reserve grated orange rind for garnish.