Orzo is a pasta that almost looks like rice. It cooks super fast and is lighter than other pastas. It is perfect in a Summer salad.
You can either pile everything on a platter like pictured above or mix it all up. Pick and choose your favorite toppings.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup orzo pasta, cooked al dente, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Tnuva feta cheese, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 1 ripe tomato, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup green or black olives
- ⅛ cup lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes: radishes, cucumber, red onion, yellow or red pepper
- Once the orzo has cooled to room temperature place it in a large serving bowl and add the olives, feta, parsley, dill, and tomato.
- Set the salad aside. In small bowl combine the oil and lemon juice and salt and pepper. Whisk the dressing together and pour the mixture over the salad.
- Toss gently to coat the salad. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.