When we say over the top, we mean it. Jamie's signature hummus is the centerpiece of this party feast, and is accompanied by Za’atar Spiced Crispy Chickpeas, Spicy Lamb Crumbles, Simple Roasted Beets, Pickled Carrots and Cabbage, Hard-Boiled Eggs, Colorful Harissa Carrots, Sautéed Eggplant, Sautéed Mushrooms and Caramelized Onions, as well as fresh veggies like cucumbers and tomatoes. Artfully arrange on a small table, and let your guests build their ultimate hummus bowl.
Make sure to use a great quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
- Prep Time
- 2 CupsServings
- 4 garlic cloves, grated on a microplane
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon favorite hot sauce
- Garnish: sumac, za’atar, and extra virgin olive oil
- Za’atar Spiced Crispy Chickpeas
- Spicy Lamb Crumbles
- Roasted Beets
- Pickled Carrots and Cabbage
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- Colorful Harissa Carrots
- Sautéed Eggplant
- Sautéed Mushrooms and Caramelized Onions
- 1 - 2 cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 1 - 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Pita bread
1. Blend garlic, chickpeas, tahini, evoo, salt, lemon juice, and hot sauce in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
2. Transfer hummus on a large platter, generously drizzled with evoo, sumac, and za’atar. Place as a centerpiece of the bar.
3. Serve alongside a display of small plates filled with Za’atar Spiced Crispy Chickpeas, Spicy Lamb Crumbles, Simple Roasted Beets, Pickled Carrots and Cabbage, Hard Boiled Eggs, Colorful Harissa Carrots, Sautéed Eggplant, Sautéed Mushrooms and Caramelized Onions, as well as pita bread, fresh parsley, diced tomatoes, and diced cucumbers.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.