This recipe for gluten-free Paleo Girl Scout cookies is based on one from the wonderful cookbook Paleo Indulgences by Tammy Credicott... My favorite part of this gluten-free Paleo Girl Scout cookie recipe? The vegan caramel sauce recipe that Tammy includes in it, which is a true piece of culinary genius.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chunks
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut nectar
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
1. In a food processor combine dry ingredients.
2. Pulse in wet ingredients until dough forms.
3. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
4. Roll dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper to ¼ inch thick.
5. Use a 2-inch cookie cutter to cut out rounds.
6. Use a knife to cut holes in center of rounds if desired.
7. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes.
8. Cool cookies completely on baking sheet.
1. Melt chocolate over very low heat.
2. Dip base of each cookie into chocolate.
3. Place on parchment paper to set.
4. To make caramel, place coconut sugar, coconut nectar and coconut milk in a saucepan.
5. Bring mixture to a boil, then decrease heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently .
6. Remove mixture from heat and stir in toasted coconut.
7. Use a small spoon to drizzle caramel-coconut mixture onto cookies.
8. Drizzle additional chocolate over cookies and sprinkle with extra coconut if desired.
9. Place cookies in refrigerator to set, then serve.
Recipe posted with permission from Elana's Pantry