Don’t be sad that it’s Girl Scout Cookie season, because now it’s gluten-free Girl Scout Cookie season, and you can partake in gluten-free Thin Mints. You can even dive into Paleo Girl Scout Cookies, otherwise known as Paleo Thin Mints. Give thanks for this to the fabulous Tammy Credicott, author of Paleo Indulgences. Without her book, full of fabulous Paleo recipes (including a couple of Paleo Girl Scout Cookie recipes), I would not have thought of making this delicious gluten-free dessert.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- ⅛ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons palm shortening
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon peppermint oil
- 6 ounces chocolate chunks
- ½ teaspoon peppermint oil
1. In a food processor, combine almond flour, coconut flour, cacao, baking soda, and salt .
2. Pulse in shortening, honey, and peppermint extract until dough forms .
3. Roll out dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper to ⅛ inch thick .
4. Freeze dough for 15 minutes .
5. Using a 2-inch cookie cutter , cut out dough .
6. Transfer circles to a parchment lined baking sheet .
7. Bake at 350° for 4 minutes .
8. Cool completely on the baking sheets, then freeze for 1 hour .
9. Melt chocolate and peppermint extract in a small saucepan over very low heat.
10. Dip each cookie in chocolate, then place on a parchment-lined plate .
11. Transfer plate to freezer for 1 hour .
Recipe posted with permission from Elana's Pantry