Pan seared tuna is the best way to cook fresh tuna and it is best served rare. This recipe is simple and adds loads of flavor to a quick dinner.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1/2 cup assorted pitted olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 lemons, halved and seeded
- 2 (8-ounce) tuna steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. In the bowl of a food processor or blender, place garlic, capers, olives, salt, and pepper. Blend until it becomes a paste.
2. Squeeze lemons over tuna. Smear garlic paste on both sides of each tuna steak. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. When oil is shimmering, place tuna in the pan; reduce heat to low. Cook for 3 minutes on each side for medium doneness.
Keep an eye on the garlic paste to make sure it doesn’t burn. Serve with Orzo with Feta and Basil.
Recipe Courtesy of Quick & Kosher: Meals in Minutes by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010)