- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 2 Teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 10-12 ounces total)
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped California walnuts
- 16 slices baguette-style French bread, cut on a diagonal, 1/2-inch thick and 2 inches long
- 16 small sprigs watercress or flat-leaf parsley
1 Combine the cumin and paprika and rub the mixture over the chicken breasts.
2 Coat a nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the center.
3 Cool chicken about 10 minutes, then slice each breast into 8 pieces, cutting slightly on the diagonal, so the chicken slices
4 In a small bowl stir the mayonnaise, orange zest, mint and walnuts together.
5 Spread each slice of bread with a generous tablespoon of walnut mixture.
6 Top with a slice of chicken, then garnish with a piece of watercress or parsley. Place on a serving platter and serve.
Source: California Walnut Board