My husband is lactose intolerant. I wanted to prepare something for Shavuot that he could enjoy too. I just tried it today and it came out great. I think it could be used as a side dish or as a dessert.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 ounces non-dairy milk, coconut milk is best
- 4 ounces light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 2 packages frozen fruit blintzes
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In the bowl of a food processor or blender combine milk, mayo, lemon juice, sugar, vanilla, orange juice, eggs and vegan butter. Process until just combined.
3. Using a 9" by 13" oven proof pan, place blintzes in 2 rows. Pour the batter over top.
4. Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes.