- 24 ServingsServings
For the dough:
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- dash salt
For the Dulce De Leche:
- 2 cup nondairy milk of your choice (almond, coconut, soy)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
For the dough
- Cream margarine and sugar together in a large bowl by hand or with a mixer. Add eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and stir until dough is formed.
- Preheat oven to 375 and prepare baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out dough 1/4 inch thick. With a 3 inch cutter (I use a glass) cut out as many holes as possible. Fold up corners to form a triangle, leaving a nice empty hole in the center to fill afterwards.
- Transfer hamantashen to baking sheet, place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and then using a spoon pour in some dulce de leche.
For the Dulce de Leche
- Heat milk and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Add vanilla and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add baking soda, stir and bring heat down to lowest setting, allowing to cook on a low simmer for about 2 hours, stirring every so often.
- Once it turns brown and thickens a bit, strain through a strainer and store in the fridge until ready to use.