This crust is perfect for making a Shabbat dessert pie, or even a meat filled pie. For best results, use a vegan butter substitute like Earth Balance, instead of margarine or shortening.
- Prep Time
- 2 (9-inch) CrustsServings
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 ounces (2½ sticks) cold vegan butter, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- Add flour, sugar, salt, and vegan butter to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the mixture is crumbly, but holds together.
- Transfer dough to a large bowl.
- Sprinkle water over dough, then using a rubber spatula, fold and press dough until it comes together into a ball. Divide ball in half. Form each half into a 4-inch disk. Wrap tightly in plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before rolling and baking.