These mini non-dairy spinach pies are the perfect finger food for parties! A great way to enjoy your green veggies in a bite-sized appetizer.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 package mini pie shells
- Cooking spray
- 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy or coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Bake the mini pie shells until lightly golden in color.
3. Cook spinach in boiling water for 10 minutes until softened, and drain out all liquids using a colander or kitchen towel.
4. Meanwhile, in a hot pan sauté onion and garlic in cooking spray. Once they are soft add in drained spinach and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
5. In a bowl whisk eggs with coconut milk, parsley, salt and pepper. Fold in the sautéed vegetable mixture once cooled, and scoop 2 tablespoons into mini pie shells. Bake for 25 minutes or until the filling is golden and firm.