- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup cottonseed oil
- 2 cups matzoh meal
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- Heat together boiling water and oil on the stove until the mixture is boiling.
- Add matzoh meal, sugar and salt and turn off the heat. Mix together until a ball is formed.
- Let cool for a few minutes then add the eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Very important to add the eggs one at a time!
- Let the mixture rest for 15 minutes.
- To form the bagels, wet your hands with water and roll some of the dough in your hands and shape however you want. Place the dough on parchment paper and continue forming your bagels. You can shape the dough however you want and as big or small as you want. Just keep rewetting your hands or the dough will stick.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- Eat hot right out of the oven or wait until cooled. Place in an airtight container for as long as the bagels last on the counter or freeze for later.