What happens when you take a classic tuna salad and add toss in some pasta, you get a delicious pasta salad loaded with veggies and protein. Yay.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 (12-ounce) box rotini, cooked according to package directions
- ½ (15-ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pitted black olives, drained
- 1 (6-ounce) can white albacore tuna in water, drained
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ¼ cup baby spinach leaves
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Imitation bacon bits, for garnish (optional)
- In a salad bowl, place pasta, hearts of palm, green beans, olives, tuna, tomatoes, capers and spinach.
- Place all dressing ingredients in blender or food processor, and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over pasta and tuna. Toss to coat evenly.
- Garnish with imitation bacon bits, if desired.
You can add variety to this dish by adding ¼ cup anchovy fillets. Or for a sweet touch, add 2 tablespoons of Craisins. If you have loads of time, substitute fresh tuna steaks for canned tuna. Season both sides of the steaks with salt and pepper and broil or sear.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER