- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 pound Radiatore, Wagon Wheels or other medium pasta shape, uncooked
- 1 pound salmon steaks, or one 14-oz. can salmon, drained
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 3 stalks celery, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
1 Preheat oven to 350-o F. Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
2 Place the salmon in a non-reactive baking dish; season with pepper.
3 Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
4 Remove the foil and cool. Remove the skin and bones; discard.
5 Flake the salmon into large pieces and place in a large mixing bowl (If using canned salmon, place directly in the bowl and season with pepper).
6 Add dill, celery, onion, carrot and pasta. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice and vinegar.
7 Add salmon and pasta and toss gently. Serve well chilled.
Source: National Pasta Association