Perfect for a warm weather light dinner, lunch or first course. The sweet English peas and creamy ricotta all piled high on a crostini are a treat for the eye and mouth. This is kind of a spring-time open faced grilled cheese. YUM!
- Prep Time
- 4-6 ServingsServings
- ½ pound shelled English peas from about 1 ½ pounds unshelled peas, blanched and shocked
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil + 2 tablespoons for brushing on the crostini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 small baguette, cut on a bias into 1 inch thick crostini
- Suggested garnishes: extra virgin olive oil, fresh mint, lemon zest, arugula
- Place the blanched and shocked peas in a medium mixing bowl. Mash the peas with a fork until they are broken up a bit. You still want to see whole peas. Add the ricotta, lemon zest, extra virgin olive oil and mint. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill to medium high or grill pan. Brush the crostini pieces generously with olive oil and season with salt. Grill the bread on both sides. Rub the bread with the garlic until the bread is fragrant.
- Pile the ricotta mixture on the bread and return to the grill to gently heat for about 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish with additional mint and serve.