Sweet pecan cookies that are easy to make and easier to eat. It's probably best to double the batch, but you may also want to consider tripling it.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 18 cookiesServings
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 and generously grease 2 large baking sheets.
2. Cook brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a saucepan over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
3. Remove from heat, then stir in flour and pecans.
4. Spoon scant tablespoons of batter 6 inches apart on baking sheets (4 cookies per sheet) and bake 1 sheet at a time in middle of oven until golden brown and bubbling, 6 to 8 minutes. (Cookies will spread to 5 to 6 inches.)
5. Cool cookies on sheet 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Quickly but carefully remove cookies from sheet with a metal spatula and transfer to a rack to cool completely. (If they become too brittle to transfer, return baking sheet to oven for about 1 minute to allow cookies to soften.)
Be sure to cool these cookies before transferring them to a rack, they are very soft when they first come out of the oven and need to set a moment.