Instead of baked ziti, try Penne Bake. Very similar but the secret to this recipe is the quark cheese. Quark tastes like a cross between Greek yogurt and cottage cheese. It is very creamy and smooth and gives this pasta bake the perfect texture.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 (16-ounce) package penne pasta
- 2 (8-ounce) containers soft cream cheese
- 1 (24-ounce) jar premium store-bought or homemade marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- 8 slices Mozzarella cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Boil penne for 10 minutes and drain. Penne should still have a bite to it as it will be baked and cooked further.
- While penne is cooking, combine quark, marinara sauce and seasoning in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Add ¼ cup water to marinara jar to remove all remaining sauce and pour into baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Mixed drained penne into baking dish with prepared sauce.
- Top with sliced cheese.
- Bake, uncovered at 425°F for 15 to 20 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.