The tomato cilantro sauce gives this chicken dish a distinct South American flavor.
Use Grow & Behold chicken thighs for this recipe.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 Grow and Behold chicken thighs (about 2 ½ pounds)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 whole ripe avocado, peeled and sliced to garnish (optional)
- 2 ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
1. Prepare the coals for the grill, or preheat the broiler.
2. In a small bowl, mix together coriander and cayenne. Rub the chicken thighs with the spice mixture.
3. Grill chicken until it is nicely charred all over, and the internal temperature is 160°F when tested with a thermometer.
4. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce. Put all the sauce ingredients into a blender and process until smooth. Adjust seasoning and set aside.
5. Serve on top of a bed of rice (optional), with a dollop of sauce on top of each thigh. Garnish with avocado.
Recipe adapted by Naftali Hanau for kosher pastured chicken from BigOven.com.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.