I love how pesto brightens any dish, it's a true kitchen work horse. Once you have a batch of pesto you can even freeze it and make dinners like this in minutes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- For pesto (yields 1 cup):
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 tablespoons pinenuts
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- For pasta:
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 2-pounds, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup pesto
- 2 (9-ounce) packages Japanese style noodles, cooked according to package directions and drained
- In a food processor, combine basil, garlic, pine nuts and salt. Pulse a few times to chop. With processor running, slowly add olive oil, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides. Process until combined but still slightly chunky. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium low heat. Add chicken and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and cooked all the way through. Add pesto and simmer 1 to 2 minutes. Toss with pasta to evenly coat noodles. Divide between 4 shallow bowls.