- 60 petit fours ServingsServings
- 10 1/2 oz. parve bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 8 ounce container non-dairy whipped topping (I prefer Rich's Whip)
- 3 tablespoons good-quality liquer
- 2 ounces roasted unsalted pistachios
- 7 ounces white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil
- 3 tablespoons halva, crumbled
- 3 tablespoon wafer-roll crumbs or graham cracker crumbs
- 3 1/2 ounces white chocolate
- 3 1/2 ounces milk chocolate or bittersweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter or oil
- 3 tablespoons praline paste
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
1. Prepare the ganache. Melt chocolate and margarine in the microwave, on 30 second intervals, stirring in between until smooth. Add non-dairy whipped topping and whisk until smooth, shiny cream forms. Add liqueur and pistachios.
2. Prepare the halva layer. Melt chocolate and oil in the microwave, on 30 second intervals, stirring in between until smooth. Add halva and crumbs.
3. Prepare the chocolate layer. Melt chocolates and butter or oil in the microwave, on 30 second intervals stirring in between until smooth. Add praline paste and whisk until smooth.
4. Pour half the ganache into a 7 x 11 inch pan lined with parchment paper. Tilt pan to ensure an even layer. Freeze for 30 minutes. Top with chocolate layer and freezer for 30 minutes. Top with second half of ganache and chocolate and freezer for 30 minutes. Top with halva layer and freeze for 1 hour.
5. Remove from freezer and bring to room temperature. Using a high quality knife, cut the chocolate into 1-inch squares. Return to freeze for 1/2 hour. Arrange squares on a rack.
6. Melt chocolate for coating. Add oil and stir to combine. Using a small ladle, cover the petite fours and allow coating to harden on the rack.