This kugel is sweet, almost tasting dairy. Rich without being loaded with extra calories.
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 package wide egg noodles (8-ounces)
- 6 eggs
- 5 tablespoon canola oil with a few drops of butter flavoring (you can use butter flavored margarine)
- 1/2 cup demerara sugar
- 1 can pineapple slices, divided (16-ounce can)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon canola oil with a few drops of butter flavoring
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 250.
2. Line a 9x13 or 9" round tin with parchment paper, lightly grease.
3. Cook noodles according to package directions with a little salt in the water. Do not overcook, cook just until softened. Rinse, and drain
4. Split the pineapple in half. keep half of the rings whole and crush the rest with half of the juice.
5. Beat eggs with oil and butter flavoring. Mix in sugar, the crushed pineapple with the juice, vanilla and cinnamon. Add in the Noodles. Mix Well
6. Pour batter into prepared pan. Place saved pineapple rings around the top decoratively. If using cherries, place one in the center of each pineapple ring.
7. Bake at 350*F (175*C) for 50 minutes, or until golden on top.