Matzo brei reminiscent of your favorite chametz food! You can easily double or quadruple this recipe to feed a crowd.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 ServingsServings
- 2 tablespoon butter or oil
- 1/2 medium white onion, small diced
- 1 piece matzah
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper (or less)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoon Sabra Turkish Salad
- 2 tablespoon crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
Heat 1 tablespoon of butter or oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
Add onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
While cooking the onions, break matzah into pieces and soak in warm water for 15 seconds to soften.
Whisk eggs and add in matzah, salt, chili pepper, oregano, Pamesan and Sabra Turkish salad. Then add in onions.
Heat another tablespoon of butter or oil in the pan over medium heat.
Add brei mixture and cook while stirring until eggs are set, about 3 minutes.
Immediately top with goat cheese, garnish with parsley and serve!