Latkes get dressed up with gorgeous melty brie and sophisticated poached pears. Perfect for lunch, hors d’oeuvres, and Mother’s Day Brunch.
Start with a basic latke recipe, like Jamie's Crispy Latkes, then add poached pears and brie or another high-quality aged cheese.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups dry red wine
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 fat strip of orange peel
- 1 star anise
- 4 pears, peeled
- 16 latkes (link under photo)
- 8 wedges of brie or other high-quality aged cheese
- 4 poached pears
1. Simmer wine, sugar, cinnamon stick, peppercorns, orange peel, star anise, and pears for 30 minutes. Turn off heat and allow pears to cool in poaching liquid.
2. Store pears in liquid overnight. Reserve the poaching liquid in the refrigerator for future poaching sessions.
3. Slice pears into quarters, leaving the core.
4. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Arrange cheese on latkes with pear slices. Top latke and bake for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and latke is heated through.