Quick and easy dinner with pomegranate salmon and festive rice. Simply marinate the salmon and roast while your flavored rice cooks on the stove. The Festive rice is based on traditional Persian green rice, but is so much easier with our spice packet. It is perfect with this tangy salmon.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 salmon fillets
- Garnish: pomegranate seeds
Festive Herb Pilaf*
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups rice
- 1 (5 ounce) bag Jamie Geller Festive Herb Pilaf Mix
1. In a reusable storage bag combine pomegranate juice, brown sugar, mustard, oil, salt and pepper. Add salmon and mix well to coat. Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile prepare rice by boiling 4 cups water in a large pot. Add oil, rice, and contents of Jamie Geller Festive Herb Pilaf bag. Cover and reduce heat to low for 20 minutes. Turn off heat and leave covered for an additional 10 minutes. Fluff with fork and add salt to taste.
3. Lay each fillet out on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 400℉/200℃ for 12-15 minutes.
Serve salmon over a bed of Festive Herb Pilaf.
*The rice will serve about 8 portions so you can save half for another day or cut the recipe in half.