- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups Low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Portabella mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3-4 cups spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place quinoa and broth in a saucepan. Heat to boil. Lower heat and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet. Add in onions, sauté about 5 minutes over medium heat. Stir in mushrooms and garlic. Continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes. Pour in white wine.
- Place spinach over vegetables in skillet; cover. Leave for a few minutes until spinach leaves begin to wilt. Season vegetable mixture to taste with salt and pepper. Gently mix vegetables into cooked quinoa. Add additional seasoning if desired.