- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 4 (5 to 6 oz.) tuna steaks, 3/4 to 1-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons white wine or broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups packed torn salad greens
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Vegetable cooking spray
1 Measure thickness of fish to determine cooking time; place in a glass dish.
2 To make vinaigrette, combine wine and next 5 ingredients in a jar with tight fitting lid.
3 Shake well. Pour 2 tablespoons over fish, add garlic and turn to coat.
4 Marinate 15 to 30 minutes, turning once. Reserve remaining vinaigrette for salad dressing.
5 Coat grill rack with cooking spray and place on grill to heat 1 minute.
6 Place tuna on grill 4 to 6 inches over hot coals. Cover with lid or tent with foil.
7 Cook, turning once, just until tuna begins to flake easily when tested with a fork, about 7 minutes.
8 Discard marinade. Meanwhile, arrange salad greens on 4 plates.
9 Place hot tuna on greens and add cherry tomatoes.
10 Shake remaining vinaigrette and drizzle over salads.
Source: National Fisheries Institute