This creamy, dreamy pumpkin cheesecake dessert is a snap to put together and is a perfect make-ahead dessert. The combination of the salty, crunchy crust with the sweet flavor of the pumpkin cheese mixture is exquisite.
Tip: This recipe can be made pareve using non-dairy substitutes for the butter, cream cheese and whipping cream.
Related: 5 Israeli Cheesecake Recipes
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted, plus more for the baking dish
- 8 ounces pretzels, crushed into fine crumbs with a rolling pin or pulsed in a food processor
- 1 cup light brown sugar, divided
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, finely chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
1. In a medium bowl, combine crumbs, butter and 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and then press firmly into prepared dish to cover the bottom and part way up the sides evenly. Bake for 10 minutes; set aside to let cool.
2. Beat together pumpkin, cream cheese, 3/4 cup brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and cloves with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, 3 to 4 minutes. Pour evenly over cooled crust; set aside.
3. In a large, clean bowl, beat cream and remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar until stiff peaks form. Drop onto pumpkin mixture in dollops, then using a spatula, swirl the two together. Smooth the top, scatter pecans over the top (if using), cover and chill for 8 hours, or overnight.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.