- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2-4 ServingsServings
- 1 1/4 pound pumpkin (1/2 kilo)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chilly powder
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway powder
- 2 tablespoon wine vinegar
Cut the pumpkin in chunks and place it in a non-stick pan with olive oil; let it cook, covered with a lid, until it's mushy.
Mash the pumpkin with a fork or a potato masher, then add the chilly powder and the crushed garlic to the pumpkin and cook for 10 minutes. Add salt and vinegar and cook the pumpkin for 15 more minutes, until it's creamy and thick.
Eventually, add the caraway powder and stir with a spoon.
Let the creamy tershi cool, then serve it as a starter along with some good crusty bread.