Fall isn't the only time for a great pumpkin soup. Wild rice adds a filling touch to this dish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 - 8Servings
- 1/2 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups cooked fresh or one (16-ounce) can pumpkin
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup cream or non dairy substitute
- Chives, parsley or roasted pumpkin seeds for garnish
1. Cook the wild rice according to package directions, drain.
2. Melt the butter or margarine in large saucepan and add the onion and cook until light brown.
3. Stir in broth and pumpkin and cook 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the wild rice and pepper and bring to a boil.
5. Add the cream and bring the soup back to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled.
Once you add the cream, the longer it simmers the thicker it will get. Garnish with fresh chives, parsley or roasted pumpkin seeds.