Coconut milk makes this carrot puree bright orange and adds a wonderful rich flavor.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 lb carrots
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil 1 lb peeled carrots until tender.
2. Puree in blender or food processor with unsweetened coconut milk, ground nutmeg and ginger, margarine, chicken or vegetable stock, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Serve warm.
Variation: Make a carrot pie by adding 4 eggs, beaten, 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, 1/8 cup flour to carrot puree. Pour into pie crust and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
Recipe originally published in Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Magazine Fall 2014 Subscribe Now