- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 pounds diced boneless beef or lamb
- 2 chopped onions
- 3 medium quinces
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 10 black prunes
- 1 tablespoon Persian lime powder
- 50 grams dried apricot roll
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- Oil as needed
- Salt, pepper and paprika to taste
1. Peel quinces, remove seeds, dice and fry in a little oil.
2. Fry onions, add diced meat and season with salt, pepper and paprika.
3. Add 4 cups of water and cook for 1 hour.
4. Add quinces and prunes to the pot with the meat and add lime powder. Add tomato paste and sugar, cover the pot and continue cooking for a half an hour.
5. Lightly fry the mint and parsley and add half of the quantity to the pot and save half to garnish when serving.
6. If desired, a pinch of saffron can be added at the end.