This gluten-free pizza crust, made using soaked quinoa, can be paired with your favorite toppings for a Passover-friendly pizza night.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 (9 inch) pizzaServings
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa, soaked for at least 8 hours
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon grapeseed oil (to grease the pan)
- Toppings of your choice (asparagus, broccoli, mushrooms, etc.)
- Marinara sauce
- Cheese (optional, can use vegan cheese)
1. Line a 9" springform pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease the pan with grapeseed oil, and set aside.
2. In a bowl, cover the quinoa with at least 1 inch of water and soak the quinoa for at least 8 hours. Soaking longer will further reduce any bitter flavour from the quinoa.
3. Drain and rinse the quinoa, and transfer it to the cup of a food processor. Add the 1/4 cup water, baking powder and salt, and pulse until you have a smooth batter (about 2 minutes), scraping down the sides as needed to ensure an evenly texture .
4. Pour the batter into the pan, smoothing the surface with a spatula.
5. Bake the crust for 15 minutes at 400°F, then flip the crust (while removing the parchment paper) and cook for another 5 minutes, until the edges of the crust start to brown.
6. Add your marinara sauce and toppings of choice, and return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes until the toppings are well cooked and any cheese has melted nicely.