Mix spinach and craisins with quinoa for a healthy protein filled quinoa recipe.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 4 cups of quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 large cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup low-fat Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil (optional)
1) Combine the cooked and cooled quinoa in a large bowl with the onions, cucumber, walnuts, dried cranberries, feta cheese, and spinach.
2) In a separate small bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and lemon juice; mix well.
3) Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
4) Garnish with torn basil before serving.