Chef Gabe Garcia of Tierra Sur brings you this recipe for Red-Wine Marinated Chuck Steak, rich with Baron Herzog Cabernet wine and full of fresh flavors.
Remember to pat steak dry to ensure a solid sear!
Note: These steaks neeed to marinate overnight
When cooking with wine you don't want to use actual cooking wine, it's best to find a bottle of an affordable wine that you wouldn't mind drinking. Try a mixed case of budget-friendly kosher wines, you might even find a bargain wine you really like.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Half a bottle of red wine (Baron Herzog Cabernet)
- 2 cups blended oil (1 cup canola oil + 1 cup olive oil)
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 5 large garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup chopped rosemary
- 4 tablespoons coarse ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons kosher salt
1. Place steaks into large container. Combine onions, garlic, rosemary, red wine, sugar, and oil into food processor.
2. Blend until smooth, and pour over steaks.
3. Mix steaks well with marinade, make sure steaks are submerged in marinade.
4. Cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate overnight.
5. Remove steaks from marinade, pat dry with paper towels.
6. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill on medium heat for about 8 minutes each side.
7. Cook a little less for medium-rare and of course a little more for well done.