Who doesn’t love tiramisu? This is just as decadent, without the guilt! Plus it's incredibly refreshing.
- Prep Time
- 1¼ pounds ricotta cheese
- 1 scarce cup confectioner’s sugar
- 4 egg yolks, slightly beaten (safest to use pasteurized eggs)
- 1 or 2 shots espresso
- 1 tablespoon rum, if desired
- 10 ounces whipping cream
- Garnish: chocolate syrup, coffee beans, mint leaves and whipped cream
1. In a bowl, mix together the ricotta, sugar, egg yolks, espresso and rum if desired. Whip the cream and carefully fold it into the mixture, using upward motions. Line a rectangular cake pan or loaf pan with a damp towel or cheesecloth, and pour the mixture on top. Place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Unmold by turning it over onto a serving dish and pulling the sides of the cheesecloth.
2. Decorate with chocolate syrup, coffee beans, mint leaves, and whipped cream.
Tip: for a low fat version substitute whipped cream for 10 ounces fat-free half and half, whipped, or 5 ounces low-fat cream cheese and substitute confectioner's sugar for 12 packages Splenda