Make this dairy by adding feta or goat cheese. In addition, thinly slice the baby spinach for a new twist.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes or thin slices
- 2 red-skinned apples, cut into 2-inch cubes or thin slices
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken up slightly
- 4 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup roasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Basic vinaigrette plus ½ teaspoon cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg.
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2.Place butternut squash and apples on two separate roasting pans.
3. Drizzle with just enough oil to coat (about a tablespoon) or spray with PAM.
4. Season with salt and pepper and scatter cinnamon stick pieces around apples and squash.
5. Roast apples for 15 minutes and roast squash for 30 minutes. Set aside.
6. Combine baby spinach, roasted apples and squash with vinaigrette.
7. Top with pepitas, and serve.